Monday, July 16, 2012

Candy-Themed Party

My daughter's 4th birthday was in June so we had a candy themed birthday for her since she has such a sweet tooth.

Banner-Trace a bowl and cut out the circles for however many letters you need. I cut a little circle for the apostrophe. I used 4in. letter stencil's I purchased for $5 at Hobby Lobby that I filled in with white acrylic paint, also from Hobby Lobby. I then punch 2 holes in the top of each circle and strung them together with twine. (My husband says I should have stuck them to the wall with something other than masking tape but I was running out of time and I didn't want to ruin the paint on the wall.)

Balloon Candies-blow up balloons and wrap them in cellophane(found mine at Hobby Lobby near the wrapping paper.) I used rubber bands to secure then ends. I masking tape to stick them in the walls. We have some smaller ones that my daughter hung up(see how they're not even?? Oh well, it's her party.)

Table cloth-2 yards of red and white striped fabric from Hobby Lobby

The candy jars are an assortment I picked up at garage sales for cheap. I also found some plastic containers from the Dollar Tree(4/$1) that I ended up using since we had more candy then I thought.

I then had plastic cellophane bags on the table so guests could fill their own to snack on or take home.

Cute and Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment