Monday, September 10, 2012

Good Night Moon Baby Shower

My friend and I threw a Good Night Moon baby shower for a friend this past weekend. I made a banner using cardstock and the same stencils, twine and acrylic paint I used for my daughter's candy themed birthday party. Another friend made the the amazing cow and moon which looks perfect. 
We also wanted to have a table with a lamp, comb, brush and a bowl of mush just like in the book. I had an end table at my house that I bought at a garage sale this summer so at the last second I decided to paint it yellow.
 I started painting the top of the table when was like, Wait! I need to take a "before" pic!
 Here is the table all primed. I used a foam roller for the top and a foam brush for the other parts. I just did it really fast since the shower was the next day.
 I then sprayed the table with Rustoleum Painters Touch in Marigold which I had already bought to paint some wooden stars I had gotten at Hobby Lobby(see the outlines on the box).

The finished table! I also made a diaper cake using pre-painted stars from Hobby Lobby(.89 ea) and ribbon that was on sale for 1.99/roll for each color. We also used the ribbon to hang the larger spray painted stars(.99 ea) from the curtain rod in the living room. I didn't get a pic of this though :/ Now I just need to find a place in my home for this great accent piece of furniture. I'll post a pic once I find one!

No comments:

Post a Comment