Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Girls Desk and Bookshelf REDO

After being pregnant and dealing with some family health issues I'm happy to say I'M FINALLY BACK TO PAINTING FURNITURE!!! :)

Here are my first projects back.

I got this desk and chair at the local Dig n Save thrift store. I want to say the desk was $4 and the chair, $2. I love the desk because it opens up for storage. The bookshelf I got at a garage sale for $5 and it's wood except for the back piece. 




Boring beat up desk

Homemade chalk paint
Tape where legs meet desk
Chalk paint legs and let dry. Top with furniture wax after completely dry. Let air out in garage or outside after wax because it really smells.

Finished!


Basic kids chair
Primed with Zinsser 1,2,3 spray primer
All done!

Dresser
Sanded dresser. Wipe down with a cloth to remove dust.
Spray paint. Let dry. Top with furniture wax, let air dry. Add books :)

I Did This, Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment